Sunday 28 August 2011

Training away

Let's see, it's been a week since Traditions. What have I been up to?

Lots of training. I only "earn my ears" this Saturday if I pass an assessment based on a 300 page booklet. I've had some on the job training, so I've learnt a little about the operation here (basically standing around chatting to people, then occasionally doing an activity with 'em). One bummer is unlike the other countries, we don't get new arrivals every month, only every 3 months - so I'll be a noob until Novemberish.

What have I done in training? Mostly the usual values, safety and policies stuff. But we also went behind the scenes at The Seas (Disney's aquarium, the 2nd biggest in the USA) and rode Soarin'. Not too much to worry about with the job, but I do have to learn some stuff before I go out there by myself. Oh, and I got freebies from the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund: a snazzy badge they usually only give to people who donate $100 or more, a shirt and a little cardholder thingie. Score!

Let's bullet point!


* Went to Hollywood Studios with 3 Canadians and a Scot. They got drenched. Then we ate at Mexico (the pavilion, not the country). I had chicken-something-or-other, and it. was. AWESOME. Plus, you get to eat in here:

So what if it's heart-stoppingly expensive?


* Been on tons of rides already - luckily Disney's generally less intense than Universal, and I'm getting better with the whole motion sickness thing. Currently my favourites are Tower of Terror, Soarin' and Haunted Mansion. I still haven't been to Animal Kingdom. Also, PhilharMagic is AWESOME.

* In fact, pretty much my entire first trip to the Magic Kingdom was awesome. Went on Haunted Mansion 3 times (walking on to a ride is most excellent. Unlike Peter Pan's Flight, which I'm going to have to get fastpasses for at some point), ate at Cosmic Ray's cafe and ended by watching the Electrical Parade and Wishes.

* The lamest ride I've been on so far? Tomorrowland Speedway. Avoid.

* Next day off: Animal Kingdom. Don't know exactly when that'll be though. If I get through my social security ish on Thursday quick enough, I may be able to do it then. Otherwise I think I may be off on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment