Wednesday 17 August 2011

Busy, and not so

 When I arrived in Orlando, I stayed in a cheap motel-y place (which made me extremely happy. Motels are very much part of the American experience, after all - as are the local ads from dodgy car salesmen and lawyers which were plastered all over the TV) which had pretty damned decent rooms.

Met up with some UK CRP's who I had met on Facebook (Daria, Myah, Vicky & Matthew - holla) and we marathonned Universal.

We spent about 12 hours between the 2 parks. 12 hours. In mid summer in Florida. It was crazy, but somebody had to do it. My first ever proper theme park ride (I'm not counting the twee little haunted ride at Durban beachfront, though as a kid, that thing was AWESOME) was Spiderman, followed up by the Hulk.


That's the Hulk rollercoaster in the background.

I had already been nursing a cold upon arrival, and the intense heat did nothing to help the motion sickness. I'm going to get some meds or something, otherwise I'll have to take it easy and do one or two rides a visit so I can recover (I've certainly got the time...). I struggled on Forbidden Journey (the Harry Potter ride), so I definitely have to come back and give that a full go when the crowds are a bit more manageable.


On Tuesday we all waited at the wrong place for half an hour (our driver had taken the printed directions he was given at the gate, glanced at them, then set them on fire and thrown them back at security. Ok, he didn't do that last bit, but he could've. Maybe), then got checked in.

I'm at the Commons, tucked in the back in building 23 (an area which I've heard referred to as "The Ghetto"). I'm in a 4 bedroom apartment, which means I have 7 flatmates: 3 Mexicans, 1 Frenchman, 1 Canadian, 1 Irishman and 1, er, Hongkong-ian? who is also my roommate. They all seem pretty swell, and the apartment's nice 'n clean, so it's looking good so far.

Paperwork today. Two days off (what to do without my Disney ID?), then Traditions on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment