Saturday 12 March 2011

Triple Facepalm

On Thursday (March 10) I rang up the CRC (Clearance Records Centre, I think) to ask if my police clearance application had reached them.

It had not.

Bearing in mind I sent it on Feb 15, this was my first Facepalm moment of the week. I'll have to re-apply on Monday.

The second Facepalm came on Friday morning. A strange thunderstorm passed over. It was still sunny, and there was maybe 30 seconds of rain, but 2 massive thunderstrikes.

On the second strike, I saw an electric pop out the corner of my eye, and I'm offline. Yup, with no surge protection, my ADSL router had got itself fried, so I had to drop a not-inconsiderable amount on a replacement (plus an impressive-looking red surge protector).

The last Facepalm moment came earlier today, when I switched on my printer. It flashed a warning light like a raised middle finger and refused to do anything. Then I followed its cable to the plug point. Same as my router.

Well done, lightning, you struck twice in the same place. And my Disney savings are less because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment