Saturday 26 March 2011

Toilet Gas (It's not what it sounds like)

So I have a maid come in twice a month to get in all the corners that an eligible bachelor doesn't get around to. There's nothing quite like a freshly laundered bed that you don't have to make, but that's beside the point.

She visited the loo and decided to cover up what she had left in there, so she gave it a liberal spray with a random canister that (to her credit) looked entirely like some kind of air freshener.

Then she knocked on my door, showed me the canister, and said that it was "a bit strong". Nonsense, I thought, this looks like air freshener. I strode confidently into the loo, and immediately my face, nose and eyes started burning.

After an hour or two of open doors, fans blowing and hands waving, we managed to get rid of the offending gas. Just got off the phone with my mum, and it turns out that my cousin (a cop) had randomly given us tear gas in the very distant past. My mom had been searching for it for years, but apparently had neglected to try the place with all the tear gas-y canisters lying about.

So I can now add "being tear-gassed" to my life experiences.

Oh, and in Disney news - total fail with the CRC. Even the man in charge claims ignorance and computer error and I'm too lazy to chase it up, but at least I've now sent my clearance form to Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment