Thursday 10 February 2011

Second time lucky

Today I went back to the police station, back to reception, and back to Room 9 on their advice. Once again, the door was open. Once again, nobody was in. After standing around aimlessly for a few minutes, someone came out of Room 8 and asked what was going on.

"I was told to come to Room 9," I said jauntily, "I need a clearance certificate you see."

"Room 9?" he chuckled, slapping me on the shoulder. "Room 9?! Ho ho ho, you silly boy. Don't you realise that 9 is the highest number we police can count to?"

And then he summoned his mysterious goblin librarian, who croaked "Follow me, young sir, there is but one other room that matches the number you have been given."

He had brought me to room 18. 1 and 8. 9. Of course. It all made so much sense now.

Except it really didn't. Luckily, room 18 was home to an efficient old lady and, long story short (well, not actually THAT short), I now have my police clearance application.

Still have to post it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment