Sunday 24 October 2010

Passing the time

One of the most frustrating things about going to work at Disney is the wait. I've got close to 300 days to kill before I get out there. Here's some of the things I've been doing to pass the time:

* Planning my post-Disney trip. I've got a list of must-dos: LA, Vegas, Grand Canyon, NYC and Washington DC. Then I've got a much longer list of "try and get around tos".

* Buying books. Not just relevant ones either. Sure, I got a travel guide on America, and one on Florida, and a Hidden Mickey guide for Disney World, but I also went on a 2nd-hand hardcover mission and spent a lot more than is healthy.

* Working. I answer questions (ANY questions) online for a living, so I've been throwing myself into that so I can save as much as possible so I don't actually have to rely on Disney's wages to get by.

* Vaguely watching flight costs. Whenever I remember, I gaze at flights to see if anything ridiculously cheap is available.It is. But I'm going to hold out for a combination of cheap and convenient.

Heaven.
* Drooling at American foodstuff. So many flavours of Pringles. Ben and Jerry's. A thousand breakfast cereals. I intend to try as many as possible and then cry myself to sleep when I get back to South Africa because I'll never get to try them again.

* Killing time on forums. WDWIP is a font of knowledge for all things CRP.

* Writing this. I'm going to try and get it to it weekly at least, maybe a bit less in the run up to Disney and bit more when I get there.

* Figuring out burning questions to ask Sue when she calls in November. All I've got is "Does Santa really exist?" but I don't think she's qualified to answer that.

And yes, of course I know Santa does exist. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment